About this form
You should use this form if you want specific advice about how the super law applies to a particular transaction or arrangement for a self-managed superannuation fund. (NAT 72441)
You can download this form in Portable Document Format (PDF) – download Request for self-managed superannuation fund specific advice (NAT 72441, 109KB, PDF).
Complete this form if you want specific advice about how the super law applies to a particular transaction or arrangement for a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF).
Don’t use this form if you cannot provide specific details about the transaction or arrangement. Instead you can write to us and request general written guidance.
We will only provide SMSF specific advice if sufficient details have been provided. We may decline to provide specific advice. The decision to decline does not have formal review rights.
End of attention
We can provide specific advice about the following topics:
- investment rules including
- an investment by an SMSF in a company or unit trust
- acquisition of assets from related parties
- borrowing and charges
- in-house assets
- business real property
- in specie contributions/payments
- payment of benefits under a condition of release.
We cannot provide financial advice. We will not provide specific advice if the request relates to:
- the complying status of your SMSF
- trustee covenants
- the residency status of your SMSF – you can apply for a private ruling as this is a tax issue.